The right portable air compressor brings convenient, reliable service to even the most challenging and remote locations. At BuyKaeser, we have over 60 years of experience supplying quality compressed air systems for industry-diverse applications. Our mobile air compressor offerings include a wide variety of pressures and sizes.
Introduction to Portable Air Compressors
Portable air compressors are compact yet powerful devices that convert energy into compressed air. They function by squeezing air into a metal tank, which is then released at high pressure through a hose to power a tool. Since they can obtain energy from either a gasoline engine or an electrical outlet, they are highly versatile and provide the ability to power a wide range of pneumatic tools and equipment.
Some of the most common applications for portable air compressors involve inflating tires, running pneumatic drills, grinders, and sanders, or powering nail guns. They can also power small air blowers and spray guns. Portable air compressors are designed to be taken on the go, featuring a lightweight, compact design, usually with handles or wheels to facilitate easy transportation. For maximum reliability and convenience, they can be paired with a portable generator for situations when electricity is unavailable.
Choosing the Right Portable Air Compressor for Your Needs
Selecting the best air compressor for a given application requires consideration of the various sizes, power outputs, noise levels, and other factors. Depending on your needs, you might require a model with a pressure regulator, oil-free motor, air filter, or another specialized feature. Some key factors to consider include the following:
- Tank size: Larger tanks hold more air, facilitating longer running time.
- Accessories: Determine the length of air hose you’ll need as well as any air tool accessories, such as plugs and couplers.
- Durability: Depending on the type of work you’ll be doing, you might require a light, medium, or heavy-duty air compressor. Different air compressor types offer varying lifespans.
- Pressure and volume: Check your tools’ user manual to see what working pressure they require.
Types of Portable Air Compressors
Each type of portable air compressor delivers a different maximum pressure (PSI), horsepower, and duty cycle time. At BuyKaeser, the portable air compressors we offer include the following:
- Portable gas-powered air compressors: These compressors are heavier but provide durable solutions for applications that don’t feature on-site electricity.
- Portable diesel-powered tow-behind and utility mount air compressors: Our portable, versatile diesel air compressor models are suited for basic construction to specialized applications.
- Portable rotary screw air compressors: We carry two-stage, oil-free portable rotary screw compressors with various setup options.
- Multi-function combination units: Available in gas- or diesel-powered models, these are 3-in-1 generators that combine power generation, welding, and air compression functions into one machine.
Portable generators are designed to power a wide range of equipment when other energy sources are unavailable. They can be moved to different job sites easily and typically run using gasoline. Portable generators provide peace of mind during emergencies that power will always be easily accessible. To identify the best type for your needs, add the wattage of all the equipment you’ll need your generator to power.
A 3-in-1 generator combines a generator with an air compressor and welder. These multi-function combination units provide access to multiple tools in one convenient package, saving you money and space. They come in multiple fuel source options, including diesel or gasoline. To identify the best model for your needs, consider the features you require and the necessary power output.
Portable Diesel Air Compressors
Portable diesel air compressors are designed to provide dependable performance under rugged conditions. Their diesel engine ensures enough power for the toughest jobs where stationary compressors are unsuitable. They are used in applications such as construction, landscaping, plant backup air, and much more. To meet the needs of diverse end-use applications, portable diesel air compressors from Kaeser come in a wide range of pressures and sizes.
Portable Air Compressors from Buykaeser
Portable air compressors are a vital solution for powering tools at remote sites. At BuyKaeser, we specialize in durable and reliable portable air compressors for diverse industry needs. No matter what challenges your application involves, our team can help you identify the right compressor or generator for your needs. In addition to our extensive product offerings, we also service existing air compressors with unmatched industry expertise. To learn more, contact our team or request a quote to get started on your solution.